Nottingham Contemporary is showing a large-scale exhibition exploring the role that women have played in the history of resistance movements and alternative forms of living, from the suffrage movement to the present day. Featured artists include Barby Asante, Judy Chicago, Feminist Land Art Retreat, Chiara Fumai, Ad Minoliti and Tai Shani.
In Edinburgh, the Scottish National Gallery Of Modern Art examines Andy Warhol and Eduardo Paolozzi’s work, showing how they captured images from photography and advertisements.
Around the UK:
- Still I Rise: Feminisms, Gender, Resistance, Nottingham Contemporary, 27 October 2018 – 27 January 2019
- ARTIST ROOMS: Lawrence Weiner, The McManus, Dundee, 2 November 2018 – 17 February 2019
- Norman Ackroyd: The Furthest Lands, Yorkshire Sculpture Park, 17 November 2018 – 24 February 2019
- Andy Warhol and Eduardo Paolozzi: I want to be a machine, Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, 17 November 2018 – 2 June 2019
- ARTIST ROOMS: Alex Katz, Tate Liverpool, 23 November 2018 – 17 March 2019
- Fernand Léger: New Times, New Pleasures, Tate Liverpool, 23 November 2018 – 17 March 2019
- Figure Totem Beast: Sculpture in Britain in the 1950s, Tate Britain, 29 October 2018 – 4 February 2019
- Belit Sağ, The image unseen, the image invisible, the image not shown, PEER, 16 November 2018 – 26 January 2019
- Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair, Royal Arsenal, 22 – 25 November 2018