At Hospitalfield near Dundee, Christina Mackie’s The Judges III are currently on show for the first time since they were exhibited at Nottingham Castle in 2012. They were commissioned as a result of the CAS Annual Award the previous year with the generous support of the Sfumato Foundation.
In Nottinghamshire, The Harley Gallery are doing a year-long collaboration with The Jerwood Collection of Modern and Contemporary British Art with four guest curators. From 20 August James Rawlin explores the British coast, country and city through the work of artists including LS Lowry, David Hockney, David Jones, John Piper, Prunella Clough and Patrick Caulfield.
Around the UK:
- Christina Mackie: The Judges III, Hospitalfield, Arbroath, 2 July – 12 September 2021
- Lucian Freud: Real Lives, Tate Liverpool, 24 July 2021 – 16 January 2022
- Sutapa Biswas: Lumen, Kettle’s Yard, Cambridge, 24 July – 31 October 2021
- Tokyo: Art & Photography, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, 29 July 2021 – 3 January 2022
- Coast, Country, City: The Jerwood Collection, The Harley Gallery, Nottinghamshire, 20 August – 7 November 2021
- Sophie Taeuber-Arp, Tate Modern, 15 July – 17 October 2021